Section 1557 is the nondiscrimination provision of the Affordable Care Act and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in certain health programs or activities.
The Health Provider complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Health Provider does not exclude people or treat them differently because of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex. The Health Provider:
- Provides free aids and services to people with disabilities to communicate effectively with us, such as:
- Qualified sign language interpreters
- Written information in other formats (large print, audio, accessible electronic formats, other formats)
- Provides free language services to people whose primary language is not English, such as:
- Qualified interpreters
- Information written in other languages
You can file a civil rights complaint with the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights, electronically through the Office for Civil Rights Complaint Portal, available at https://ocrportal.hhs.gov/ocr/portal/lobby.jsf, or by mail or phone at:
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
200 Independence Avenue, SW
Room 509F, HHH Building
Washington, D.C. 20201
1-800-368-1019, 800-537-7697 (TDD)
Complaint forms are available at http://www.hhs.gov/ocr/office/file/index.html
DISCLAIMER: Internet Brands, Inc., and MH Sub I, LLC (collectively "Website Service Provider") only provide websites to the Health Provider. Website Service Provider is not the Health Provider. Website Service Provider disclaims any liability arising from or related to this Notice. If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact the Health Provider.